Manufacture Automation - Defence
Case Study – Chassis welding Fixture
- A auto-parts manufacturer needed to automate the production of chassis welding.
- The process was to load the parts manually by operator on Trunnion fixture and weld with help of robots fixed to Frameworks.
After weld, the part has to take out from fixture with support of pusher and get arranged on part deposit.
- 3DCAD investigated the cell requirements and determined that robots can be fixed to frameworks and could keep trunnion fixed for completion of chassis weld and slide out the part with support pushers to part deposit.
- 3DCAD proposed an solution for automating the process and proved it in virtual simulation.
Same process was continued for next parts and approx. 06 parts were deposited on buffer table.
- Reduction time for operator by moving complete manual process to robotic ones and partial physical process.
- To mainline part is automatically inserted
Case Study – Front Wheel House welding Fixture
- A auto-parts manufacturer needs to develop production of Front Wheel house assembly.
- Previous process was to load the parts manually by operator on different stations and weld manually.
After weld, the part has to take out from fixture manually and load in next stations till the final output part comes out.
- 3DCAD investigated the process requirements and proposed an solution to make the fixture in one complete trunnion to take out complete assembly part.
- 3DCAD provided the designs to fit all stations (10 stations) in one trunnion and welding process happed with help of robots.
Same process was continued for next parts.
- Reduction in cycle time and operator movements in manual process. When it was completely automated human had limited physical process.
- Reduction in costs and quick parts production.